It is the desire of every pizza lover to have a quality and tasty pizza even when away from home. To achieve that you need the best camping pizza oven to make some for yourself.
With so many voices screaming for your hard-earned dollars through bright color packaging and strategic labeling, my goal is to help you have a way forward in getting the best pizza maker by educating you on the right features to look out for when buying one.
I have made selections based on the high score of the basic features of an outdoor pizza oven. For instance, every camping pizza oven found here can easily rise to the temperature of 900 Fahrenheit, which is the perfect temperature for making pizza, crisp, and many more within minutes.
Remember, you need not wait long to have one of your favorites.
The products in this post are affiliate products, which means if you chose to buy one after following a link on this website, I make a small commission at absolutely zero cost to yourself. You can read more about this process on our disclosure page.
Also, they are all lightweight pizza ovens, which means you can easily carry them for outdoor activities.
Above all, online reviews and ratings prove that you are about going for the best camping pizza oven. They are all highly rated and well priced, which is a great sign of reliability.
Without further ado, let’s dig deep into the features of each camping pizza oven listed below.
Best camping pizza oven- Details
- Bertello Camping Pizza Oven
- Fremont Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Camp Chef Artisan 90
- BBQStar Pizza Oven
- Ooni Karu
- Universal Stainless Steel Pizza Oven
- Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
1. Bertello Camping Pizza Oven
Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven is an authentic wood, charcoal, and gas-fired portable camping oven (propane gas attachment sold separately). The Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven is extremely portable and lightweight, allowing you to take it to any outdoor activity. It is designed with a 12.5” wide and 13.5” deep cooking surface, perfect for wood fire or gas brick oven pizza.
The Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven is the best camping pizza oven when you desire to achieve the restaurant-quality result. Even right in your campsite, it provides you with amazing tasty charcoal-cooked, gas-cooked, or woodfire results. It’s being able to cook at temperatures over 900 degrees Fahrenheit, allows you to achieve a perfect crust.
Another thing that makes the Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven outstanding is its versatility, or ability to cover all your cooking needs. In addition to pizza, you can cook a wide variety of foods, like fish, meat, vegetables, and dessert pizzas. Also, cordierite stone, wood chip/pellet scoop, and wood/charcoal/pellet tray come with the Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven.
- You can cook at over 900 degrees Fahrenheit (much hotter than your standard in-house oven).
- It provides you with a variety of fuel options – wood, charcoal, pellet, and propane gas. (Bertello Propane Gas Attachment sold separately)
- It comes with cordierite stone, wood/chip scoop, and wood/charcoal/pellet tray.
- The fuel tray is quite large, so you do not need to constantly add fuel to manage the hotness of the oven.
- It is lightweight, portable, and easy to transport.
- It is very versatile and can cover all your cooking needs.
- The space between the roof of the oven and the stone is not very high, but you can manage it.
- It heats unevenly if you do not manage the heat properly such as by pre-heating.
- Charcoal and Wood Fired Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven cooker (Gas attachment sold separately)
2. Fremont Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
Fremont Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven is a camping pizza oven that transforms your charcoal grill into a wood-fired pizza oven. Weighing just 33Lb, you can carry this best camping pizza oven easily to any outdoor activity.
A great feature of Fremont Camping pizza oven is the provision of much needed high heat and constant temperature. This feature enables the making of pizza ready for consumption with 3 – 4 minutes.
To be precise, this camping pizza oven temperature can rise up to 480 degrees Celsius. That is why it is considered one of the fastest outdoor pizza makers.
Fremont pizza oven is a versatile cooker. It comes with accessories, which aid in using this oven to make other foods such as steaks, fish, lamb chops, burgers, salmon, and much more.
In other words, there is no limit to what you can achieve with this oven on the campground.
This pizza oven has a high score of ease of use. You can easily set it up for use without the use of any tool. Also, it is easily detachable, which means you can wash and keep it safe after use easily.
A complete set of this oven comprises of 1piece of cooking pizza oven grill, 1 piece of a removable door and handle, a grease pan, a grill handle, and a pizza spade.
With this complete set, you can always make tasty pizza and cook other things with ease and fast.
- It heats up quickly and put out tasty pizza
- Very easy to set up
- It is made of stainless steel, which makes it durable, lightweight, and perfect for cooking all type of food
- It can achieve temperatures up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit with no door needed.
- Fremont is designed to heat evenly. This means you can achieve uniform cooking at all time
- It is a little pricey, but if quality and result matter to you, the pizzas do taste great!
- The heat loss may be too rapid to achieve higher temperatures, except with preheating and adding more fuel.
- ① Portable designed. Being lightweight as well as has a portable design, you can take Fremont anywhere outdoors easily.
3. Camp Chef Artisan 90
The Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven 90 is designed after the idea of a true woodfire pizza oven. This opened face pizza oven cooks the perfect pizza every time, just like the traditional wood-fired brick oven. It fits all Camp Chef 16” Cooking System stoves, with a cooking surface dimension of 300 squared-inch. It can reach temperatures up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit.
Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven 90 features a pizza stone made of cordierite ceramic and specially designed heat diffusion plates. The ceramic stone pulls outer moisture off the dough and promotes perfect crust, leaving the inside moist and fluffy. Also, the fully adjustable heat allows for cooking several styles of pizza including artisan, premade, and frozen pizzas.
Additionally, the Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven 90 has a built-in temperature gauge for monitoring the cooking temperature. Follow the included Italia Pizza Oven Cooking Guide with recipes to enjoy hot, fresh, flavorful pizzas cooked in camp. It is also great to cook bread, cookies, and pies.
- The fully-adjustable heat allows for cooking a variety of pizzas including artisan, premade, and frozen pizzas.
- It is designed with special heat diffusion plates to promote uniform cooking without turning the pizza.
- The opened face pizza oven cooks like a traditional wood-fired brick oven.
- It can reach temperatures up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The ceramic stone promotes even heat and will give your pizza a delectable crust.
- It comes with Italia Pizza Oven Cooking Guide with recipes.
- A temperature gauge that helps you monitor your oven to achieve the desired cooking result.
- It is affected by wind unless you add an aluminum foil door to cover the opening.
- It lacks a handle for easy carrying, but you can get a bag for it.
- Fits all Camp Chef 16" Cooking System stoves
4. BBQStar Pizza Oven
BBQStar Portable camping Pizza Oven is a premium, portable fire, and stone camping oven. The built-in thermometer, retractable legs, and detachable burners make for easy storage, transport, and set up. The BBQStar wood-fired oven body, wood pallet firebox, cordierite pizza stone, chimney pipe, pellet scoop, and installation manual
A great feature of the BBQ that makes it the best camping pizza oven is cooking pizza within minutes. It reaches 950 degrees Fahrenheit to give you the ideal balance of thin, crisp base and perfectly charred crust.
Also, the BBQStar outdoor pizza oven has double-walled insulation that keeps the inside the oven heated, while the outside remains cool. These also ensure optimal conditions for cooking and excellent fuel efficiency, with up to 86% heat retention. The in-built thermocouple thermometer allows for easy monitoring of the oven temperature when cooking.
- It is easy to store, set up, and transport with the detachable burners and easy-to-fold retractable legs.
- The dense insulation and rolling flame make cooking easy and consistent.
- It is made of stainless steel that protects users from high heat.
- It has excellent fuel efficiency and maintains consistent floor temperature with up to 86% heat retention.
- BBQStar comes ready-to-use from unboxing with peel and in-built thermometer.
- It is made with high-grade stainless steel for durability.
- It does not come with a pizza peel turner, but you can buy one separately.
- It lacks a cover and is affected by wind, except you change the position so that wind doesn’t blow at the front.
- WOOD FIRED PIZZA OVEN - The outdoor pizza oven is fantastic for evening parties outside. The BBQ Pizza oven can be fuelled using wood pellets, charcoal or combined.
5. Ooni Karu
If quality and result matter to you more than a high price then this camping pizza oven is perfect for you. It produces tasty and yummy pizza within 60 seconds.
With a patented flame keeper technology, this oven stays at 500 degree Celsius or 923 Fahrenheit, which makes it cook faster than any other camping pizza oven on the market today
This is the most versatile of pizza oven because you can easily use charcoal or wood, or use gas. Though to use gas, you need to buy the Ooni Karu gas burner.
This oven is not solely designed for making pizza only. You can make roasted meat, fish, and vegetables easily. Just fire it up to make the food of your choice within minutes. With Ooni Karu Outdoor pizza oven, you don’t need to order for a pizza again.
Weighing just 26 Lb, you can easily use this oven for any outdoor activity. That is why it is classified as a portable outdoor pizza oven.
This is a very powerful pizza oven made from high-grade stainless steel. And the body is packed with ceramic fiber insulation and an extra thick stone baking board. All these enhance the heat retention ability of this oven thereby increasing the cooking speed.
Ooni Karu’s custom-designed fuel tray maximizes airflow and delivers a powerful blast of searing flame – load it up with real wood or charcoal, with no excess ash to clean.
It has Amazon’s Choice sticker, which means that it is well priced, highly recommended, and readily available for shipment.
Carefully consider the pros and cons of this best camping pizza oven before buying.
- It is easy to set up and transport with the detachable burners and easy-to-fold retractable legs.
- The dense insulation and rolling flame make cooking easy and consistent.
- It has excellent fuel efficiency and maintains consistent floor temperature with up to 95% heat retention.
- Ooni Karu is made with high-grade stainless steel for durability.
- It is pricey. Though it delivers in all ramifications
- You must watch a detailed video on YouTube before getting it right. So, it is not that easy to use this oven more especially if you are new to pizza making
- Ooni’s multi-fuel pizza oven for outdoor cooking cooks stone-baked pizza in any outdoor space in just 60 seconds.
6. Universal Stainless Steel Pizza Oven
Universal stainless steel Pizza Oven is superb in quality with an all-stainless-steel construction. The durability of this design makes it weatherproof and a great product for all your camping and other outdoor activities.
Also, this best camping Pizza Oven is very portable and lightweight enough for one person to carry. Since the oven is small, you can put it almost anywhere as long as the surface can take the heat. It is fairly easy and quick to assemble, easy to use, and easy to clean.
The complete pack comprises of a stainless steel chamber, a round pizza stone, an aluminum pizza peel, and a thermometer.
This oven is not only for making pizza. You can bake bread; make chicken tenders, shrimp, cookies, pies, and other pastry to perfection using it.
All these are achievable owing to the presence of round cordierite ceramic stone that pulls the outer moisture of dough and promotes perfect crust leaving the inside moist and fluffy.
Another great feature of this camping Pizza Oven is the ability to get hot in no time. It cooks faster than you can imagine. Also, it retains heat for a long time due to the presence of a double-wall ceiling made of stainless steel
- The interior is high enough for something other than pizza, such as bread.
- It comes with its pizza stone that can get up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It has an igniter knob for lighting the burner, instead of carrying a lighter or match about.
- The universal pizza oven weighs just 27 pounds, lightweight enough for one person to carry.
- The polished stainless steel color makes it easy to clean and very durable.
- The lack of cover results in heat loss, except, you find a way to close the door.
- It is not insulated, thereby making ambient temperature a factor, but adding a second stone can help.
- 【Turn Your Kettle Grill into A Professional Pizza Oven】 - This pizza oven kit is specially designed for 22” Charcoal Kettle grills like weber, char broil, napoleon and other models. It is the...
7. Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven features a double-layered ceiling to enhance the heating dynamics of the oven. It has a total output of 17,000 BTU/hr and bakes like a traditional wood-fired brick oven. With oven temperatures reaching upwards of 700 degrees Fahrenheit, it is perfect for pizza, baking bread, roasting meat, and more. It comes with a regulator and 5 feet hose included to adapt to any standard bulk propane tank.
Another thing that makes the Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven the best camping pizza oven is the flame control. The built-in valve ignition/micro-adjust valve gives you heat control and responsiveness to cook the perfect pizza every time. Also, the built-in temperature gauge enables you to monitor the internal air temperature of the oven.
The Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven features a double-walled stainless steel construction that makes it durable. It has a ventilated oven door that helps to prevent heat loss, thereby, maintaining the ambient temperature. Also, the stainless steel construction makes it extremely easy to clean and rustproof.
- Its double-walled construction enhances the heating dynamics, ready to cook in 15 minutes.
- The built-in valve ignition/micro-adjust valve gives you total flame control.
- The stainless steel construction makes it easy to clean and durable.
- It comes with a 17,000 BTU specially designed burner and heat plates and reaches upwards of 700 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The Camp chef pizza oven has a built-in temperature gauge to monitor the internal air temperature.
- It runs on a 1-pound disposable propane tank, and it comes with a 5-feet hose to adapt a bigger tank
- Pizza can get burnt if you do not rotate or use an infrared thermometer to check the stone temperature.
- It may develop a regulator problem that will require you to change the regulator.
- Double layered ceiling enhances heating dynamics, bakes like a brick oven