There’s no single best lightweight camping cot, and finding the right one for your camping activity can take a lot of effort. And that equally require patience on your part.
After an intensive search and experimenting about 30 lightweight camping cots on the market, we were able to select 5 cots that are really light in weight.
All the camping cots on our list weigh less than 7 pounds and can carry weight up to 400 pounds. in fact, the highest weight is 6.5 pounds, while the least is 2.8 pounds.
Yes, these 5 have a very high score of durability, stability, comfort, safety, and ease of use.
Above all, they are highly rated by customers’ that have experienced what it looks like using them for camping.
The products in this post are affiliate products, which means if you chose to buy one after following a link on this website, I make a small commission at absolutely zero cost to yourself. You can read more about this process on our disclosure page.
In fact, as at the time of writing this best lightweight camping cot review, these 5 cots are rated highly by customers. No one among them is rated less than 4.0 stars out of 5 stars.
The high rating is a clear indication that you are in for the best lightweight camping cot. In other words, you will derive the maximum satisfaction that goes camping with the right cot from the list below.
Best Lightweight Camping Cot – Details
- Helinox Cot One Lightweight
- Therm-a-Rest Mesh Cot
- ALPS Mountaineering Lite Cot
- KingCamp Ultralight Compact
- DESERT WALKER Camping cots
- YAHILL Ultralight Camping Cot
- MARCHWAY Ultralight Camping Cot
1. Helinox Cot One Lightweight [6.5 Pounds]
The Cot One camping cot produced by Helinox is portable, compact, and very comfortable. If you are planning on a camping adventure, then this should be on your list.
The innovative lever-locking system makes the cot able to support up to 320 pounds without a hint of sagging.
This lever-locking system is also the reason why the cot presents the user with top-notch surface tension.
No wonder you can sleep at 6.5 inches above ground level and still be comfortable. Do you now see why it is on our list of best lightweight camping cot?
That’s not all. Proprietary aluminum alloy is used in the design of the legs of this cot as well as its frame.
What this implies is a perfect support for your weight, durability, and sturdiness. There are two sizes of the Cot One cot by Helinox:
- Long (27 x 82.5 inches, 6.5 x 23 inches when packed, and a weight of 6.6 lbs).
- Regular (27 x 75 inches, 6.5 x 21.5 inches when packed, and a weight of 5.4 lbs).
It is also possible to purchase leg extensions along with the cot. These adjustable extensions can increase the height of the cot to a whopping 15 inches.
This is just perfect if you are wary of sleeping too close to the ground. Did we mention that this cot is one of the easiest to setup?
If you have frequent backaches, you shouldn’t worry because the sleeping surface of the cot is firm.
- The presence of the foot caps prevents the cot from sinking into the ground.
- Its sleeping surface is covered by nylon that dries very fast.
- Sturdy and durable design.
- A perfect option for tall individuals.
- Compact when folded which makes it a portable option.
- Easy to set up and dismantle when compared to other cots on the market.
- A bit pricey.
- It requires extra insulation so it is not advisable during cold weather.
- The clearance under the cot is too small (6 inches).
- Lightweight, compact, portable camping cot that offers an extra 7.5 inches more in length than the original Cot One
2. Therm-a-Rest Mesh Cot [3.98 Pounds]
Off-the-ground cots don’t come in better packages that the Mesh Cot by Therm-a-Rest. Among the many features, one that makes it really attractive is the versatility of the cot across surfaces.
You can make use of this cot on whatever surface you find yourself. No wonder it is regarded as one of the best lightweight camping cot.
This cot has a clearance space of 4.5 inches which may be considered small by some individuals. However, it is just enough to ensure that you sleep comfortably at night.
It makes up for this by the fact that you have enough insulation with this cot. This saves you the cost and stress of seeking extra insulation.
In terms of compactness, the Therm-a-Rest Mesh Cot is definitely high up on the list. When it is folded, it masks its real size and it becomes very easy to put away.
Who doesn’t like a cot that doesn’t consume storage space? Definitely, packing it for a trip is very easy as well.
This cot was designed using the BowFrame Tech that is a patent of Therm-a-Rest. What this implies is that while you sleep, you will not hear any squeaks from the joints.
Anodized aluminum is used to make the poles while durable nylon covers the feet of the cot. We cannot forget to mention the breathable fabric covering the sleeping surface that makes it a delight when you sleep.
The three different sizes are:
- Size XL (77 x 30 x 4.5 inches, weight 4.7lbs)
- Size R (72 x 24 x 4.5 inches, weight 3.9lbs)
- L Size (77 x 26 x 4.5 inches, weight 3.15lbs)
- Compact when packed.
- Versatile design.
- Stable construction.
- Very comfortable.
- Slightly difficult to setup.
- Bow frame Technology: cot's patented bow frame design eliminates painful crossbars and squeaky joints
3. ALPS Mountaineering Lite Cot [4.0 Pounds]
The selling point of the ALPS Mountaineering Ready Lite Cot is its portability. But beyond this, the contrast between the regular size of the cot and what it looks like when folded is jaw-dropping.
No doubt, this cot is one of the lightest on the market. It doesn’t come preassembled so you have to assemble it yourself.
However, the process is quite easy as long as you follow the instructions in the accompanying manual.
Because of its weight and size, it is regarded as one of the best lightweight camping cot around. It is a perfect option if you are going on short outdoor camping trips.
You don’t need to attach the cot to a backpack to move it around. By the way, the ALPS Mountaineering Ready Lite Cot is also very versatile.
Motorbikers, outdoor campers, and those going fishing will enjoy using this cot. It can also suffice for rock concerts, open-air festivals, and summer camps.
The good news is that you can always take this cot around in your car since it stores very well. It is also great for individuals with large bodies. Check out the dimensions of the cot below:
- Size: L x W x H – 78 x 28 x 7.5 inches
- Weight: 5.25 lbs.
- Capacity: 300 lbs. maximum
- It has a carry bag.
- Versatile design.
- Very comfortable.
- Very reliable.
- Its large size makes it a great option for heavy individuals.
- Easy to set up and dismantle.
- Nice packing.
- Quite pricey but really worth it
- Made of sturdy Ripstop fabric minimizing carry weight without sacrificing long term durability
4. KingCamp Ultralight Compact [4.9 Pounds]
There are so many reasons why we had to add the KingCamp Ultralight Compact Cot Bed to our list. Sleeping well while camping is very important because your day is filled with so many activities that wear you out. With this cot, comfort is assured which is why it is among the best lightweight camping cot available.
Moving the cot around is easy since it is very light. You can carry the cot easily while hiking, especially if you are putting it on your back.
Despite being just 4.9 pounds, it still presents you with so much quality making it one of the most reputable around. So many users have testified to how durable this camping cot is over time.
It can support up to 265 pounds so if your weight is within this range, then you can make a purchase. This cot also comes with a carrying bag that makes moving it from place to place a lot easier.
The cot is sturdy because of the aluminum alloy rods that hold it up. These make it strong enough to carry heavyweights.
There are several colors to choose from to match your camp theme or personal style. While other cots may prove difficult to set up, this one is one of the easiest on the market.
You don’t need any tools or special skills to set up the KingCamp Ultralight Compact Cot Bed.
- Ultralight compact design.
- Very easy to assemble and disassemble.
- It can support up to 265 pounds.
- Sturdy and durable design made up of aluminum alloy rods.
- There is an attached storage bag for easy movement of the cot.
- Tends to break easily if it is not well-handled.
- ¡ï¡¾Ultralight & Portable¡¿ Only 4. 9 lbs and packed Size: 14 ¡Á 5. 1 ¡Á 5. 1 inches, this camping cot is highly portable and space-saving! Wherever your adventure is, this smart light...
5. DESERT WALKER Camping cots [2.8 pounds]
One of the qualities that make the Desert Walker Camping Cot stand out is the amount of weight it can carry.
The contrast between the original weight of the cot at 2.6 pounds and the weight it supports at 440 pounds is amazing.
No other cot on the market has this ability which is why we consider it one of the best lightweight camping cot.
When you fold this cot, it transforms right before your eyes into a small size. This feature means that you can store this cot just about anywhere.
Within a few minutes and very little stress, you can setup this cot and you don’t need extra tools or any skills either.
The Desert Walker Camping Cot is so versatile that you can move it around in any way you deem fit. From placing it in your car to carrying it on your bike, you can also attach it to a backpack or put it on a kayak.
This is why we recommend this cot for hikers, hunters, and outdoor campers. It is a great companion for outdoor camping, travel, cycling tours, and open-air festivals/concerts.
The only challenge with this camping cot is that tall people cannot use it else they’ll be uncomfortable.
If you are above 6 feet, then we suggest you consider another camping cot. The price of this cot makes up for this which is a huge plus if it is your size. The specifications are stated below:
- Weight: 2.6 lbs.
- Capacity: 440 lbs.
- Size: 73 x 23.5 x 6 inches
- Very versatile.
- Durable and reliable.
- The capacity to weight ratio is mind-blowing.
- Arguably the lightest cot you will come across.
- Shock-corded elements.
- Very affordable in comparison to its competition.
- Easy to setup.
- Very mobile because of its ability to fold easily.
- It is not convenient for tall individuals.
- Not as wide as many other camping cots.
6. YAHILL Ultralight Camping Cot [3.3 Pounds]
Yahill recently added the Ultralight Folding Camping Cot to its range of camping cots. This addition is definitely welcome considering the new features that it is equipped with.
The first thing you will notice when you cast a glance at this cot is its extendable legs. We can bet that you will look at these more than once.
Another remarkable reason why it is regarded as one of the best lightweight camping cot is its ability to fold. It is completely collapsible which translates to being perfectly portable. As you can expect, it is easy to carry this cot around and store it. Storage is always a challenge for products like this but with the Ultralight Folding Cot, you have no reason to worry.
Setting up this cot is the literal feel of “a piece of cake.” You can do it without breaking a thread of sweat.
Stability is another thing to look out for in camping cots and this cot sure gives you the best of this experience.
The positioning of the legs reduces the risk of snapping to almost zero. If you are an avid turner while sleeping, don’t worry, this cot won’t collapse under you.
The extra height of this cot is worthy of mention as it is the first camping cot to present such a feature.
To get this height, you will have to pay a little more but it is sure worth every dime spent. The specifications of this camping cot are as follows:
- Weight: 6.5 lbs.
- Capacity: 397 lbs.
- Dimensions: 74.8 x 25.6 x 7.5 inches
- Craftsmanship is of superior quality.
- Very affordable.
- Small packed size.
- It comes with a carry bag.
- Versatile design.
- Very stable cot.
- Possibility of extra height.
- Not wide enough.
- 🛌★Super Lightweight & Portable- cots portable★ YAHILL 1st Generation cot camping bed weighs only 3.3lbs, but can hold up to 220 lbs.
7. MARCHWAY Ultralight Camping Cot [4.7 Pounds]
The MARCHWAY Ultralight Folding Camping Cot Bed is very affordable; this is just one of the reasons why we like it.
There are several other reasons why this bed is reputed as one of the best lightweight camping cot.
This cot comes with separate components making it very easy to assemble and collapse. The feature makes it stand out among camping cots of the same class.
Beyond this, this cot is very portable. It is very easy to attach the cot to your backpack for smooth movement.
The portability makes it perfect for mountain climbers, bikers, and hikers. One challenge that may be a discouragement is the fact that it weighs more than most camping cots on the market.
However, when you consider its other features and their advantages, it is easy to overlook this flaw.
You can use this cot for several purposes including accommodating sudden guests and your children’s friends that come around.
When you fold the MARCHWAY Ultralight Folding Tent Camping Cot Bed, it stores very easily.
Sleeping on this cot is very convenient because of the ripstop nylon fabric over the sleeping surface. This makes the bed breathable and comfortable.
Assembling the cot is easy and its metal parts are designed with durable aluminum. Specifications of this cot are:
- Weight: 4.7 lbs.
- Capacity: 300 lbs.
- Size: 74.8 x 27.4 x 6.5 inches
- Nicely packable.
- Easy to setup.
- Reasonable size.
- Great price.
- Very versatile.
- Not great for tall people.
- Ultralight and Compact: Weighs only 4.8 pound, and folds down to 16.9 x 5.5 inch stuff sack that can fit into your travel backpack. Ideal for camper, trekker, hiker, backpacker, adventurer.
Best Lightweight Camping Cot – Wrap Up
We have compiled the list of cots that are very light in weight with great weight carrying capacity. They all have a high score of durability, comfort, safety, and ease of use.
Our work is greatly supported by the ratings from users. So you can’t go wrong by choosing any of the ones listed above as the best lightweight camping cot.