A propane camping stove is considered one of the safest camping gears one can go for, because propane can be stored for a long time at room temperature. The storability nature of propane makes it highly transportable without fear of explosion.
Having seen the reason for using propane as fuel, let’s then look into the best propane camping stove that is suitable for any camping situation. This means you can still enjoy your favorite dishes even far away from home.
The products in this post are affiliate products, which means if you chose to buy one after following a link on this website, I make a small commission at absolutely zero cost to yourself. You can read more about this process on our disclosure page.
The selected propane camping stoves found below are simply constructed. And have the ability to cook and boil water fast. Above all, they are ruggedly made to withstand travel stress and consume a few amounts of propane.
Also, they have a high score of basic factors to consider before paying for a camping stove such as weight, efficiency, fuel, stability, customer reviews, and cooking control. Without further ado, let’s delve into the camping stove proper.
Best Propane Camping Stove – Details
- Stansport Outfitter Series Propane Stove
- Stansport 206-50 Propane Grill and Stove
- Coleman Fold N Go
- GasOne B-5000
- Jetboil Minimo Camping Stove
- Colman 1 Burner Propane Camping Stove
- Coleman Even Temp Stove
1. Stansport Outfitter Series Propane Stove
Outdoor cooking gets very easy with the use of stansport outfitter camping stove. The built-in electronic igniter ensures that you eat warm food even when you lost your matches or did not remember to come with one.
No matter the size of your family, everyone will get food at the right time owing to the presence of 3 burners. 2 large burners and 1 small burner are enough to prepare different meals simultaneously and fast.
This propane stove is designed to withstand the windy period. It has 3 windscreens that act as a defense against flame from the wind, thereby making cooking faster than you can imagine.
It is built to last. That is why the oversize frame is made of steel that can hardly bend or destroy.
With the ability to pump out 25,000 BTU from the large burners and 10,000 BTU from the small burner, you can achieve a faster cooking rate at any time.
The temperature control nub as seeing in the image ensures you heat food at the desired temperature to avoid burning the food.
Stansport camping stove is an Amazon best choice, which means it is highly rated, well priced, and readily available for shipment.
To ensure a clean environment when cooking, this camping stove has a drip pan that holds dirt for easy disposal. In other words, it is an easy to clean portable camping stove.
According to an online report, it has a high score of 5 stars on ease of use, 4.6 stars on heat output, and 4.4 stars on temperature control.
As at the time of writing this best propane camping stove review, it has an average rating of 4.5 stars from 149 verified customers. High rating from customers indicates durability, effectiveness, and value for money.
- Very easy to use and require no tech skill to set it up
- Effective pressure and temperature control feature makes it usable at all terrain
- Does not require matches to ignite
- The multi-burner enhance cooking fast
- The windscreen design makes this propane camping stove limitless at all-weather
- The temperature and pressure knobs get bad easily. Therefore need to be handled with care at all time
- Poor customer service in case of any complaint
- The middle burner usually underperform
2. Stansport 206-50 Propane Grill and Stove
This best propane camping stove is made of aluminum material, which makes it durable and lightweight. The 2-in-1 design means you can simultaneously use the grill and the stove thereby reducing the time you need to achieve perfect cooking.
It comes with wind block panels that ensure steady cooking by protecting the flame from the wind. Also, the panels can be used as a table when cooking in an area free from wind.
The perfect flow and perfect heat technology provide consistent performance and heating even in extreme conditions. There is no need for matches if you go for this stove because it has an instastart ignition mechanism
The self-igniting feature of this stove is to ensure you eat hot or warm food even when there are no matches around.
Weighing just 1 pound, this camping stove can easily be carried around. And producing around 18,000 BTU ensures faster cooking and grilling. The steel structure of this stove clearly shows that it is a durable appliance.
This best propane camping stove is highly rated, and come with polished stainless drip pan for easy cleaning.
- It is a very lightweight camping stove
- Very versatile since you can use it for cooking and grilling
- Comes with perfect flow and perfect heat technology, which ensures maximum performance
- High score of ease of use
- The windshield is positioned far from the burner, which makes it less effective in an extremely windy condition
- No grill plate to match the grill on the market as at the time of making this review
- 13-inch x 10-inch grill area, 18,000 total BTU's: 10,000 BTU's stainless steel burner, 8,000 BTU's grill burner
3. Coleman Fold N Go
As the name implies, this is a very portable cooking companion when camping. It is designed with aluminum steel, which makes it very light and highly resistant to rust, thereby making it a very durable camping stove.
It has a very minimal fuel consumption rate which is tied to the perfect heat flow technology. This means that it can last more than an hour using both burners at very high pressure.
Coleman Fold N Go propane stove is designed with 2 independently adjustable burners that produce up to 20,000 BTU. This translates to cooking different dishes at the same time and very fast.
With removable chrome-plated grates, you can easily and quickly clean this stove after using it. You don’t need matches to light up this camping stove. The instastart technology makes cooking easy with just a push of a button.
- Portable and easy to carry
- No lighter needed- Self-igniting
- The perfectheat technology reduces fuel consumption
- Built-in handle for easy carry
- It occupies very little space.
- Height from burner to pan seems high – susceptible to wind
- Does not come with a windshield. So, you can improvise.
- Portable 2-burner propane stove ideal for cooking at campsites, picnics, and more
4. GasOne B-5000
Here comes the most ruggedly made propane camping stove with a durable patio cover. The detachable legs give it the height needed for convenient positioning during cooking.
Also, the detachable legs make this stove very convenient for parking and easy to carry around.
It is a double burner propane stove, which enables cooking different dishes at the same time. The burners are designed to last, and they have a special cover that prevents them from coming in contact with dust and water when not in use.
With the cooking power of 75,000 BTU from each burner, you are sure of delivering fast cooking at any given time. This is a versatile stove that can be used for various outdoor activities.
The durability of this camping stove is built into the accessories too. For instance, it comes with adjustable steel braided hose, which means the problem of gas leakage is solved permanently.
Also, the heatflow of this stove is usually uninterrupted due to the presence of a steel braided adjustable high-pressure regulator. The heatflow technology help in reducing the fuel consumption rate of this stove drastically.
Each burner works independently. In other words, each burner has its own regulator. Therefore, you can adjust one to the pressure of boiling water and one to the pressure of simmering meat simultaneously.
If you are very much concerned about what user experience may be, then customer ratings should be paramount.
As at the time of writing this best propane camping stove review, it has an average rating of 4.3 stars from over 140 verified customers.
The high rating is a clear sign that users are satisfied with the purchase of this stove. Additionally, it has Amazon’s choice sticker, which means that is highly rated, well priced, and readily available for shipment.
- Comes with legs, which eliminate bending when cooking
- Built to last
- Burn faster than you can imagine, since it delivers up to 75000 BTU per burner
- Very safe to use owing to steel braided horse and pressure regulator
- It is difficult setting it up on a non-level surface
- Weighing 27lbs makes it a bit heavy to easily carry
- Sometimes come defective from the company. But the good thing is that they have excellent customer support
- ✓ rugged construction + durable patio cover - built sturdy and designed to last, the B-5000 demonstrates the needed combination of power and control. Along with its rugged body, The double burner...
5. Jetboil Minimo Camping Stove
Jetboil minimo camping stove is a product that speaks for itself. With a fluxRing technology, it takes just 2 minutes to get to the boiling point of water with half the fuel consumption of the conventional system.
The regulator ensures adjusting the heat to the required temperature and pressure easily. You can achieve precision cooking with regulating this stove to the desired heat.
It is a self-igniting stove; therefore, you don’t need matches to use this stove. This stove comes with a fuel canister stabilizer for easy cooking.
You can increase the performance of jetboil minimo camping stove by a pot spot and summit skillet. Though, they are sold separately.
Weighing 14.6 ounce means that it can easily be carried around during camping. The durability and reliability of this camping stove are not in doubt.
That is why it came with a full one-year limited warranty. So, you can go for this one person camping stove with the confidence that you got your back covered.
5.0 stars rating from over 300 verified customers found online is a sure sign of comfort, durability, ease of use, and portability.
- Burn faster with little fuel consumption
- It is a versatile camping stove
- Comes with one-year limited warranty
- Cannot be used by a large family
- A bit pricey
- Powered by FluxRing technology, the MiniMo reaches a rolling boil in just over two minutes with half the fuel consumption of traditional systems.
6. Colman 1 Burner Propane Camping Stove
This is another quality propane camping stove by Coleman. Producing a cooking power of 10,000 BTU means a high heating capacity. So, you can achieve cooking faster than you can imagine while burning little fuel.
With perfect pressure control, you can achieve both cooking and simmering with the stove at ease. To ensure a constant supply of heat, the burner has wind baffles that stop the wind from interfering with the flame when in use.
Colman single burner stove can be dismantled for compact storage. The burner and base are separated from the propane bottle making it an easy to carry camping stove.
At full working capacity, this stove can run up to 2.5 hours on a 16.4 oz propane cylinder, which sold separately. The cooking surface can accommodate 8 inches pan.
As with every Coleman camping stove on the market, this single burner also has the perfectheat and perfectflow technology. This means you will always enjoy uninterrupted cooking at a minimized fuel consumption rate.
The 3-year limited warranty that comes with this stove proves that it is sure to last. It built to serve you for a very long time as long as you are careful in handling it.
Amazon’s choice sticker indicates that this camping stove is highly rated by over 1900 verified customers. Also, it shows that it is well-rated and readily available for shipment
- Very easy to carry since the base and the burner separates from the cylinder
- Adjustable burner gives a precise temperature control
- Comes with wind baffle that protects the flame from wind
- Very stable due to the large base, and this makes stirring food easy
- Last longer on one 16.4 oz propane cylinder
- Comes with 3 years limited warranty
- The burner is chrome plated and the pans slide very easily if the burner is slightly off level
- COOKING POWER: Up to 10,000 total BTUs
7. Coleman Even Temp Stove
This is a portable, yet family size propane camping stove with exceptional features. Designed with 3 burners that fit two 12” pans or three 8” pan for cooking varieties simultaneously.
The burners are adjustable and independent and can perform maximally at the same time. This stove performs greatly even in the windy area. Adjustable windscreens shield the flame from the wind thereby maintaining a steady heat flow for fast cooking,
It has a self-igniting mechanism; with just a push of a button you get the stove working. Therefore, you don’t need a box of matches to cook or eat warm food on the campground.
The perfectflow technology, which Coleman is known for ensures a steady flow of heat even at extreme conditions.
It comes with Nonskid feet which makes it very stable and allows stirring easily. Above all, this best propane camping stove can last up to .75 hours with all burners on high on one 16.4 oz propane cylinder, which is sold separately.
This means that this stove has a very high score of fuel economy. It is Amazon’s choice, which means it is well priced and highly rated.
As at the time of writing this review, over 150 verified customers rated this product 4.4 stars, which is an indication of reliability.
- Very fuel-efficient
- Very easy to regulate
- Wonderful customer support
- Very easy to set, versatile and controllable
- The weight is on the high side
- The control knobs get bad easily. Therefore, you need to handle with care
Warning: This product contains lead and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm. Do not place your hands in your mouth after handling the product. Wash your hands after touching this product.
- Portable propane stove fits two 12 inch pans or three 8 inch pans at once for variety of meals
Best Propane Camping Stove – Conclusion
I did my best to select the best among hundreds of propane camping stoves on the market today. User experience or customer reviews were paramount in making my final decision.
From the customer ratings found online, all the stoves here can serve you satisfactory during camping. The most important thing is that with this post, you have been well informed on the factors to consider before spending your hard-earned money on a propane camping stove.