A propane camping stove is considered one of the safest camping gears one can go for, because propane can be stored for a long time at room temperature. The storability nature of propane makes it highly transportable without fear of explosion.
Having seen the reason for using propane as fuel, let’s then look into the best camping stove that is suitable for any camping situation. This means you can still enjoy your favorite dishes even far away from home.
*The products in this post are affiliate products, which means if you chose to buy one after following a link on this website, I make a small commission at absolutely zero cost to yourself. You can read more about this process on our disclosure page.
The selected camping stoves found below are simply constructed. And have the ability to cook and boil water fast. Above all, they are ruggedly made to withstand travel stress and consume a few amounts of propane.
Also, they have a high score of basic factors to consider before paying such as weight, efficiency, fuel, stability, customer reviews, and cooking control. Without further ado, let’s delve into the camping stove proper.
Best Camping Stove – Details
- Stansport Outfitter Series Propane Stove
- Stansport 206-50 Propane Grill and Stove
- Coleman Fold N Go
- GasOne B-5000
- Jetboil Minimo Camping Stove
- Colman 1 Burner
- Coleman Even Temp Stove
- Gas One GS-3000
- Solo Stove Campfire Stove
- Hike Crew 2-in-1 Gas Camping Stove
1. Stansport Outfitter Series Propane Stove
Outdoor cooking gets very easy with the use of stansport outfitter camping stove. The built-in electronic igniter ensures that you eat warm food even when you lost your matches or did not remember to come with one.
No matter the size of your family, everyone will get food at the right time owing to the presence of 3 burners. 2 large burners and 1 small burner are enough to prepare different meals simultaneously and fast.
These propane stoves are designed to withstand the windy period. It has 3 windscreens that act as a defense against flame from the wind, thereby making cooking faster than you can imagine.
It is built to last. That is why the oversize frame is made of steel that can hardly bend or destroy.
With the ability to pump out 25,000 BTU from the large burners and 10,000 BTU from the small burner, you can achieve a faster cooking rate at any time.
The temperature control nub as seen in the image ensures you cook food at the desired temperature to avoid burning the food.
Also known as traditional camping stoves and are Amazon’s best choice, which means it is highly rated, well priced, and readily available for shipment.
To ensure a clean environment when cooking, It has a drip pan that holds dirt for easy disposal. In other words, it is an easy to clean portable camping stove.
According to an online report, it has a high score of 5 stars on ease of use, 4.6 stars on heat output, and 4.4 stars on temperature control.
The Everest 2x is a fresh take on the classic, award-winning among two-burner camp stoves. As of the time of writing this best review, it has an average rating of 4.5 stars from 149 verified customers. A high rating from customers indicates durability, effectiveness, and value for money. The Everest 2x is among the bulkier and heavier tabletop stove.
- Very easy to use and require no tech skill to set it up
- Effective pressure and temperature control feature makes it usable at all terrain
- Does not require matches to ignite
- The multi-burner enhance cooking fast
- The windscreen design makes it limitless at all-weather
- The temperature and pressure knobs get bad easily. Therefore need to be handled with care at all time
- Poor customer service in case of any complaint
- The middle burner usually underperform
2. Stansport 206-50 Propane Grill and Stove
These best camping stoves are made of aluminum material, which makes them durable and lightweight. The 2-in-1 design means you can simultaneously use the grill and the stove thereby reducing the time you need to achieve perfect cooking.
It comes with wind protection block panels that ensure steady cooking by protecting the flame from the wind. Also, the panels can be used as a table when cooking in an area free from wind.
The perfect flow and perfect heat technology provide consistent performance and heating even in extreme conditions. There is no need for matches if you go for this stove because it has an instastart ignition mechanism
The self-igniting feature of this stove is to ensure you eat hot or warm food even when there are no matches around.
Weighing just 1 pound, the best propane camp stove can easily be carried around. And producing around 18,000 BTU ensures faster cooking and grilling. The steel structure of this stove clearly shows that it is a durable appliance.
These best camping stoves are highly rated and come with a polished stainless drip pan for easy cleaning.
- It is a very lightweight camping stove
- Very versatile since you can use it for cooking and grilling
- Comes with perfect flow and perfect heat technology, which ensures maximum performance
- High score of ease of use
- The windshield is positioned far from the burner, which makes it less effective in an extremely windy condition
- No grill plate to match the grill on the market as at the time of making this review
- 13-inch x 10-inch grill area, 18,000 total BTU's: 10,000 BTU's stainless steel burner, 8,000 BTU's grill burner
3. Coleman Fold N Go
As the name implies, this is a very portable cooking companion when camping. The camp stoves are designed with aluminum steel, which makes them very light and highly resistant to rust, thereby making them a very durable camping stoves.
It has a very minimal fuel consumption rate which is tied to the perfect heat flow technology. This means that it can last more than an hour using both burners at very high pressure.
Coleman Fold N Go propane stove is designed with 2 independently adjustable burners that produce up to 20,000 BTU. This translates to cooking different dishes at the same time and very fast.
With removable chrome-plated grates, you can easily and quickly clean the camp stove after using it. You don’t need matches to light up the camping stoves. The instastart technology makes cooking easy with just a push of a button.
- Portable and easy to carry
- No lighter needed- Self-igniting
- The perfectheat technology reduces fuel consumption
- Built-in handle for easy carry
- It occupies very little space.
- Height from burner to pan seems high – susceptible to wind
- Does not come with a windshield. So, you can improvise.
- Portable 2-burner propane stove ideal for cooking at campsites, picnics, and more
4. GasOne B-5000
Here comes the most ruggedly made freestanding stove with a durable patio cover. The detachable legs give it the height needed for convenient positioning during cooking.
GasOne B-5000 are freestanding stoves, the detachable legs make these stoves very convenient for parking and easy to carry around as compared to other stoves. It is best for car camping with two-burners for large groups with the best cooking space.
The two-burners stove enables cooking different dishes at the same time. The burners are designed to last, and they have a special cover that prevents them from coming in contact with dust and water when not in use.
With the cooking power of 75,000 BTU from each burner, you are sure of delivering fast cooking at any given time. This is a versatile stove that can be used for various outdoor activities.
The durability of this camp stove is built into the accessories too. For instance, it comes with adjustable steel braided hose, which means the problem of gas leakage is solved permanently.
Also, the heat flow of this stove is usually uninterrupted due to the presence of a steel braided adjustable high-pressure regulator. The heat flow technology help in reducing the fuel consumption rate of this stove drastically.
Each burner works independently. In other words, each burner has its own regulator. Therefore, you can adjust one to the pressure of boiling water and one to the pressure of simmering meat simultaneously.
If you are very much concerned about what user experience may be, then customer ratings should be paramount.
As at the time of writing this best camping stove review, it has an average rating of 4.3 stars from over 140 verified customers.
The high rating is a clear sign that users are satisfied with the purchase of this stove. Additionally, it has Amazon’s choice sticker, which means that is highly rated, well priced, and readily available for shipment.
- Comes with legs, which eliminate bending when cooking
- Built to last
- Burn faster than you can imagine, since it delivers up to 75000 BTU per burner
- Very safe to use owing to steel braided horse and pressure regulator
- It is difficult setting it up on a non-level surface
- Weighing 27lbs makes it a bit heavy to easily carry
- Sometimes come defective from the company. But the good thing is that they have excellent customer support
- ✓ rugged construction + durable patio cover - built sturdy and designed to last, the B-5000 demonstrates the needed combination of power and control. Along with its rugged body, The double burner...
5. Jetboil Minimo Camping Stove
Jetboil minimo is a product that speaks for itself. With a fluxRing technology, it takes just 2 minutes to boil water with half the fuel consumption of the conventional system.
The regulator ensures adjusting the heat to the required temperature and pressure easily. You can achieve precision cooking by regulating this stove to the desired heat.
It is a self-igniting stove; therefore, you don’t need matches to use this stove. This stove comes with a fuel canister stabilizer for easy cooking.
You can increase the performance of jetboil minimo by a pot spot and summit skillet. Though, they are sold separately.
Weighing 14.6 ounces means that it can easily be carried around during camping. The durability and reliability of the best camping stoves are not in doubt.
That is why it came with a full one-year limited warranty. So, you can go for this one-person camp stove with the confidence that you got your back covered.
- Burn faster with little fuel consumption
- It is a versatile camping stove
- Comes with one-year limited warranty
- Cannot be used by a large family
- A bit pricey
- Powered by FluxRing technology, the MiniMo reaches a rolling boil in just over two minutes with half the fuel consumption of traditional systems.
6. Colman 1 Burner Camping Stove
This burner camping stove is another quality single burner by Coleman stoves. Producing a cooking power of 10,000 BTU means a high heating capacity. So, you can achieve cooking faster than you can imagine while burning little fuel.
With perfect pressure control, you can achieve both cooking and simmer with the stove at ease. To ensure a constant supply of heat, the burner has wind baffles that stop the wind from interfering with the flame when in use.
Colman single burner stove can be dismantled for compact storage. The burner and base are separated from the propane canisters making it easy to carry the camp stoves.
At full working capacity, this camp stove can run up to 2.5 hours on a 16.4 oz propane cylinder, which is sold separately. The cooking surface can accommodate 8 inches pan. Buy Best double-burner camping stove Camp Chef for camp cooking.
As with every Coleman camping stove on the market, this single burner also has the perfect heat and perfect flow technology. This means you will always enjoy uninterrupted cooking at a minimized fuel consumption rate.
The 3-year limited warranty that comes with this stove proves that it is sure to last. It is built to serve you for a very long time as long as you are careful in handling it. Amazon’s choice sticker indicates that this is best for camp cooking & is highly rated by over 1900 verified customers.
- Very easy to carry since the base and the burner separates from the cylinder
- Adjustable burner gives a precise temperature control
- Comes with wind baffle that protects the flame from wind
- Very stable due to the large base, and this makes stirring food easy
- Last longer on one 16.4 oz propane cylinder
- Comes with 3 years limited warranty
- The burner is chrome plated and the pans slide very easily if the burner is slightly off level
- COOKING POWER: Up to 10,000 total BTUs
7. Coleman Even Temp Stove
This is a portable, yet family-size camp cooki stove with exceptional features for large groups. Designed with 3 burners that fit two 12” pans or three 8” pans for cooking varieties simultaneously.
The burners are adjustable and independent and can perform maximally at the same time. This stove performs greatly even in windy areas. Adjustable windscreens shield the flame from the wind thereby maintaining a steady heat flow for fast cooking,
It has a self-igniting mechanism; with just a push of a button you get the stove working. Therefore, you don’t need a box of matches to cook or eat warm food on the campground. For efficient cooking and easy heat control, it is ranked among the best camp stoves.
The perfect flow technology, which Coleman is known for ensures a steady flow of heat even in extreme conditions. It comes with Nonskid feet which makes it very stable and allows stirring easily. Above all, It can last up to 75 hours with all burners on high on one 16.4 oz propane cylinder, which is sold separately.
This means that this stove has a very high score of fuel economy. It is Amazon’s choice, which means it is well priced and highly rated.
As at the time of writing this review, over 150 verified customers rated this product 4.4 stars, which is an indication of reliability.
- Very fuel-efficient
- Very easy to regulate
- Wonderful customer support
- Very easy to set, versatile and controllable
- The weight is on the high side
- The control knobs get bad easily. Therefore, you need to handle with care
Warning: This product contains lead and other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm. Do not place your hands in your mouth after handling the product. Wash your hands after touching this product.
- Portable propane stove fits two 12 inch pans or three 8 inch pans at once for variety of meals
8. Gas One GS-3000
The Gas One GS-3000 is lightweight and versatile, this model is great as a small camp stove or an extra emergency burner.
Gas One GS-3000 is Sleek, powerful, and lightweight, with a smooth metal body and enamel-coated drip pan, our stove ensures an easy and enjoyable cooking experience.
This butane single-burner doesn’t boil water the fastest and lacks wind protection, but it does have excellent simmer control, and its weight and compactness make up for its lack of flame size and cooking speed.
After cooking the drip pan lifts off the stove for simple cleaning and you can take this anywhere with you for any camping trip to have some good food. It is a perfect fit for your camping gear, emergency gear, or even a small barbecue!
It has a self-igniting mechanism; with just a push of a button you get the stove working. Therefore, you don’t need a box of matches to cook or eat warm food on the campground.
- Fun and interactive
- Creates heat and ambiance
- No need to buy fuel
- Low smoke
- It boils water slowly and time consuming
- It can be hard to find butane canisters.
- There is No wind screen
- Burn through lots of fuel cans (lots of waste)
- Fuel Type: 8 oz. Butane canister. Portable, Easy to use, reliable for camping or home emergency kit (fuel sold separately)
9. Solo Stove Campfire Stove
Solo Stove Campfire stove is a gasifier stove that creates a hot, efficient, and nearly smoke-free fire. It is easy to start and keep burning with only twigs and small pieces of wood that you can find for free in most campsites.
Camping isn’t complete without a fire, which is why we love the Solo Stove Campfire stove. So that we can take the lightweight stove anywhere with us.
Solo Stove Campfire stove is Lightweight, compact, fun, and interactive creating heat and ambiance. Solo Stove Campfire Stove ranks in the top most one-burner stoves. The weight of a solo stove campfire stove is 2.2 lbs and the BTU varies per burner.
As it is a small stove with only a burner and takes a bit more time and practice to use. There is no need to buy fuel as it is a wood-burning.
The vent holes near the top of the burn chamber allow preheated oxygen to fuel the flame, resulting in more complete combustion and a hotter fire with less smoke.
The ash pan catches loose ash and prevents it from clogging vital airflow; the ash pan also acts as a heat shield and prevents your Bonfire from scorching the ground beneath it.
- Good simmer control
- Takes a bit more time and practice to use
- soot can be messy
- Only one burner
- Poor wind resistance
- MOST UNIQUE FIRE PIT: Solo Stove Bonfire pushes the limits of both combustion airflow efficiency and minimalist outdoor design with its all stainless steel construction. It was brilliantly engineered...
10. Hike Crew 2-in-1
This elegant Swedish design-inspired, two-burner stove is the choice of aspiring chefs who enjoy practicing their trade in the great outdoors. This gas stove has the capacity to cook five-star meals, boiling water but is light and compact to easily take anywhere as compared to the wood-burning stoves.
Gives a kitchen-like cooking experience at any basecamp with this elegant wood-trimmed 2 burner stove. The dual burner allows cooking multiple pots at different temperatures.
It has a self-igniting mechanism; with just a push of a button you get the stove working. Therefore, you don’t need a box of matches to cook or eat warm food on the campground.
In cold weather or windy conditions, the lid and side windscreens ensure steady cooking. The cool convertible design provides chefs with plenty of protection against the elements Including a 3-sided windshield with security clips. Removable pot supports and stainless steel drip tray for easy cleaning.
Among the two-burner stoves hike crew’s unit weighs only 12 pounds & breaks down to the size of a slim 24”x13”x4” briefcase with a handle for travel.
- Easy to clean
- Foldable legs
- Push button ignition
- Auto ignition
- Wind resistance
- Non-stick griddle plate
- Small cooking surface
- COOK ANYTHING IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS | Powerful Propane-Powered 2-in-1 Grill Features a 10,000 BTU Single Burner Cooktop & 3,000 BTU Griddle for Amazing Outdoor Cooking Convenience | Perfect for...
FAQs: Common Questions that people face while purchasing
What features can I expect?
A stove that creates a hot, efficient, and nearly smoke-free fire. The stove performance is remarkable and the 5.0 stars rating from over 300 verified customers found online is a sure sign of comfort, durability, ease of use, and portability.
Do I have to carry a matchbox every time?
No, you don’t need to carry a matchbox with you the propane stove has a self-igniting mechanism.
Can we connect multiple propane tanks?
While connecting multiple propane tanks is possible with a special adapter, it’s not recommended. Propane is highly flammable, and unless you have experience with combustibles, it may not be the best decision.
Choosing the Right Camp Stove and Accessories?
The whole process starts with the right equipment. It’s a good idea to practice at home to make sure everything works before heading out to your campsite.
Final Thoughts on Using It.
Knowing how to use a propane tank with a camp stove can make your next camping trip more enjoyable. A canister stove is more convenient than campfires, and with a larger propane tank, they last longer.
Best Propane Camping Stoves – Conclusion
I did my best to select the best among hundreds of propane camping stoves on the market today. User experience or customer reviews were paramount in making my final decision.
A good stove will make your trip more comfortable as well as be a great little heating tool if you are camping in cold weather.
From the customer ratings found online, most camping stoves here can serve you satisfactorily during camping. The most important thing is that with this post, you have been well informed on the factors to consider before spending your hard-earned money on a camping stove.