The idea of tent cot is in vogue, so searching for the best tent cots for camping means you want to enjoy camping using a tent cot.
There are lots of tent cot brands on the market, the only way to get the best is to buy based on other users’ experience.
In other words, customer reviews are unbiased and straightforward. In that case, we have selected 7 best tent cots for camping after testing basic features such as comfort, safety, durability, and ease of use.
The products in this post are affiliate products, which means if you chose to buy one after following a link on this website, I make a small commission at absolutely zero cost to yourself. You can read more about this process on our disclosure page.
One common feature among all the tent cots for camping on our list is that they are rated highly by customers.
That is in addition to the high score of basic features that reliable camping cots must possess.
Without much introduction, let’s dig deep into the individual features of every best tent cot for camping selected.
Best Tent Cots For Camping- Details
- GYMAX Tent Cot with Window Carry Bag
- REDCAMP Tent Cots for Adults
- Winterial Double Outdoor Camping Tent Cot
- Outsunny Portable Camping Cot Tent
- Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot
- Kamp-Rite CTC XL Compact Tent Cot
- Instahibit Portable Ground Camping Tent
1. GYMAX Tent Cot with Window Carry Bag
There are so many reasons why this Tent Cot from Gymax makes our list of best tent cots for camping. The first of these is that it is relatively easy to assemble. All the needed accessories are provided and there is a manual to help you through the process. You don’t need any extra tools or skills to be able to put this Tent Cot together.
If you are in search of a durable tent cot, this one by Gymax should be on your list. It comes with a rain fly that is designed to withstand wet weather conditions. The screening doors of this cot are large and they have a zipper that affords you easy entry and exit.
With a foldable design, this cot is very portable and does not consume storage space. It comes with a bag case which makes it easy to transport the cot from one location to another. The tent cot by Gymax is perfect for tourists, hikers, campers, and beachside picnics.
It comes with a strong aluminum frame that makes it very sturdy. In addition to this, this cot has a breathable micro mosquito mesh. This protects you from mosquitoes while ensuring that you enjoy lots of ventilation while you sleep.
Most times people do not consider customer care when buying tent cots. Gymax wants you to enjoy the best experience so they make sure that you have the tent cot delivered to you within 3 to 6 days. If there is a problem, simply reach out to their customer care personnel and it will be fixed. Check out the specifications of the Gymax Tent Cot below.
- Weight: 29 lbs.
- Capacity: 275 lbs.
- Size: 84.5 x 34.5 x 12 inches
- Folded size: 33 x 33 x 7 inches
- It comes with a rain fly which protects you in wet weather.
- Durable and sturdy design.
- Very comfortable.
- Assembly and disassembly are easy and quick.
- Portable design.
- Set up instructions are not so easy to understand.
- 【Easy to Assemble】The tent cot are easy to assemble and the all required accessories are included,. You can quickly assemble the item and use it in a clear and easy-to-understand manual.
2. REDCAMP Tent Cots for Adults
The qualities of the REDCAMP Tent Cots for Adults make it one of the candidates of this tent cots for camping list. First of all, the weight of this cot is amazingly light compared to the capacity it can support. Its features give you so much value for money, especially when you consider the assembly and construction.
Have you seen a tent cot with ten supporting legs? The REDCAMP Tent Cots for Adults is simply one of a kind with this design. Its feet are designed to be non-slip in nature and you are sure you’ll enjoy maximum support all night long.
Setting up this cot takes just about 20 to 30 seconds. This is because the cot is already pre-assembled. It also comes with a carrying bag which makes transportation a lot easier. This cot is versatile in its design as it can be used for a variety of purposes. Camping trips, hosting guests, hunting trips, and as a camping bed, the list goes on.
Beyond all of these, this bed comes at a very affordable price. It is lightweight in nature yet heavy-duty in delivery. You definitely cannot go wrong with this tent cot. Check out the specifications below.
- Weight: 14.7 lbs.
- Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Size: 81 x 28 x 37 inches
- Its design proves that it’s an original tent cot that’s easy to setup.
- Very comfortable.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble.
- It comes with a carrying bag.
- Not as portable as most cots in the same class.
- It does not store properly.
- The original package does not include a cot.
- 【Dimensions】: Tent Dimension: L81” x W28” x H37”. Fit for cot with no bar at four corner and size ( Length x Width) smaller than waterproof tent.
3. Winterial Double Outdoor Camping Tent Cot
If you are wondering why the Winterial Double Outdoor Camping Tent Cot made our original tent cots for camping list, here’s why. The first thing you should know is that this tent can accommodate up to two individuals. This is why it is a perfect tool for fishermen, hunters, campers, as well for emergencies.
Setting up this Double Outdoor Camping Tent Cot is very easy. The cot has a sturdy frame that provides sufficient support while the cot is in use. If you are bothered about its stability, you shouldn’t. This cot has 4-bar legs that make it a very stable tent cot option.
The tent and cot are very spacious, they are even equipped with camping gear lofts. There are four doors and windows, one on each side of the tent. The beauty of the doors and windows is that they are just openings, you decide what to do with them. With these, entry and exit are not a challenge, neither is ventilation a problem.
Just like the two tent cots mentioned above, this cot comes with a rain fly. This provides shade on a sunny day and protection when it is rainy. Though this cot is quite pricey, the features it presents makes every dime worth it. The specifications are stated below.
- Weight: 44 lbs.
- Cot size: 85 x 46 inches
- Tent size: 85 x 46 x 41 inches
- Folded size: 48.5 x 33.5 x 8 inches
- Sturdy and stable design.
- Very easy to set up and use.
- Rainfly provides covering during all weather.
- Tent and cot are very spacious.
- Highly ventilated.
- Large when packed.
- Not too portable.
- Quite pricey.
- Elevated Large Oversize Bed Tent Cots for portable travel and setting up in minutes! Single & Double
4. Outsunny Portable Camping Cot Tent
When you see the features of the Outsunny Portable Camping Cot Tent, it is clear why it makes our list. It is regarded as one of the best tent cots for camping because of several reasons, most of which we will state below.
The first thing you notice when you look at this tent cot is the fact that it is a 4-in-1 sleeping system. Its cot is double size meaning it can accommodate two people. Two full-grown adults in fact. It also comes with a bedspread and a pump for the inflatable air mattress. We refer to this tent cot as 4-in-1 because of these reasons.
First, you can use this system as an off-ground sleeping area. Secondly, whether the mattress is present or not, you can make use of the tent and it can accommodate two adults. Thirdly, you can take out the air mattress and use it separately. The fourth reason is that you can either use the mattress or cot in a larger tent or your home.
Who can use the Outsunny Compact Portable Camping Cot Tent? We should tell you here that it is not for very tall people because of the end-bars that consume a bit of space. The tent is also not suited for any weather other than summer. This is because it isn’t completely waterproof and it doesn’t possess a mesh to hold back small insects.
Most people will only use this tent cot as a shade because it doesn’t come with a floor. While it’s great as a support tent, it shouldn’t be adopted as a stand-alone tent. Here are some of the specifications of this tent.
- Weight: 45.1 lbs.
- Capacity: Two adults with a combined weight, not more than 330 lbs.
- Cot dimensions: 76 x 53.5 x 16.5 inches
- Tent dimensions: 76 x 53 x 53.5 inches
- Great price.
- Nice carry bag.
- Can hold two persons
- Very easy to set up and use.
- It contains separate elements that can be combined as a unit or used separately.
- Not great for tall people.
- It doesn’t provide insurance against insects.
- Not suitable for all weathers.
- ✅CAMPING COMBO: This all-in-one portable set Includes a tent, cot, air mattress with pump, and bedspread. Both the tent and the camping bed are foldable, which greatly saves space when not in use....
5. Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot
It is not strange to see people ask if the Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot is one of the best tent cots for camping. After all, it one of the most popular on the market. Should you buy it? Let’s take a look at its features together to help you make your decision.
Setting up and disassembling your tent while camping is one of the most stressful tasks to carry out. With the Kamp-Rite Tent Cot, you don’t have this problem because you can carry out both tasks in seconds.
While this 2 person cot will not house a large group, it will accommodate two adults or an adult and a child. You should find this comfortable if you are going on a camping trip with your spouse or one of your kids. Another challenge with most cots is that they are not comfortable for tall people. This is not the case with this cot as a 6-feet tall individual will fit in perfectly.
It comes with a sturdy frame which ensures that the tent cot is very durable. The construction is quite stable so you have nothing to fear while sleeping at night. One of the major benefits of this cot is that you can convert it into a lounge chair as well. The tent has a dome shape which makes it easy for you to sit up while inside. Here are the specifications of the Kamp-Rite Tent Cot.
- Weight: 32 lbs.
- Tent size: 90 x 32 x 36 inches
- Bed size: 90 x 32 inches
- Sturdy and stable design.
- It provides you a comfortable sleep.
- This 2-person tent is very easy to set up.
- You have the luxury of choosing from an array of options.
- It is still too large for storage when folded.
- Very heavy tent cot.
- Converts from lounge chair to cot to personal tent
6. Kamp-Rite CTC XL Compact Tent Cot
The Kamp-Rite CTC XL Compact Light Collapsible Backpacking Camping Tent Cot is probably the best choice among the myriad tent cots for camping. In case you are wondering why here are a few reasons.
If you are in search of a backpacking tent cot, then this should be one of your top options. It is easy to move around, especially when folded. Assembling and disassembling the tent cot can also be done within a few seconds to one minute. This tent cot provides you with a lot of headroom as well as ventilation.
The Kamp-Rite CTC XL Compact Light Collapsible Backpacking Camping Tent Cot was designed to provide maximum comfort and convenience. You can attest to this when you view the length and width of the tent. It comes with a powder-coated steel frame as well as zippers that resistant to corrosion. There is a rain fly that protects you from rain and excess sunshine on sunny days.
You can either take the tent apart so that one person uses the tent and the other uses the cot or use it together as a 2 person tent. The tent is heavy-duty in nature and it comes with a durable carrying bag as well. These are the specifications of the Kamp-Rite CTC XL Compact Light Collapsible Backpacking Camping Tent Cot.
- Weight: 28 lbs.
- Tent size: 84 x 33 x 61 inches
- Folded size: 8 x 42 x 9 inches
- Carrying bag comes with wheels for easy movement.
- Versatile design.
- Folds into a compact size that makes transportation and storage very easy.
- Doors are kept outside because of the taped seams.
- Sturdy and durable design.
- Suitable for tall individuals.
- Quite pricey.
- Not enough storage spots.
- COMFORTABLY SLEEPS 1 PERSON: Collapsible camping tent for 1 person with an integrated cot is perfect for setting up a fast, comfortable shelter at your campsite; Weight: 28 pounds
7. Instahibit Portable Ground Camping Tent
This Ground Camping Tent by Instahibit is on our list of best tent cots for camping for several reasons. Firstly, it was designed with 100% waterproof material. This means that whether under the snow or rain, you are protected. The oxford flysheet is not only waterproof, but it is also very durable.
The Instahibit 1 Person Portable Folding Ground Camping Tent cannot hold up to two people at once. Yet, its not a bad choice bad because it makes up for this with several other features. For example, the sleeping bag platform is elevated which protects you from snakes and bugs when outdoors.
The tent has a metal frame that has been tested to be sturdy and very durable. It also comes with four stands beneath the cot base, each of which is equipped with a non-slip foot. Asides using it as a tent, you can also use it as a flat cot or bench. There is plenty of room in the tent for your essentials like smartphones, books, towels, and clothes.
This tent is easy to set up and take down and it comes with a durable carrying bag too. It is a great option for hikers, campers, and people who engage in outdoor activities. While this bag is a traditional ground camping tent, it offers you a lot of luxury in terms of storage space and comfort. Here are some of the dimensions of the Instahibit Portable Folding Ground Camping Tent.
- Weight: 28.6 lbs.
- Capacity: 330 lbs.
- Tent size: 83.44 x 30.69 x 35.63 inches
- Cot size: 83.44 x 30.69 x 20.5 inches
- Durable and sturdy design.
- Very comfortable.
- Durable carry bag.
- 100% waterproof.
- Elevated sleeping bag platform.
- it cannot handle up to two people at a time.
- 210D oxford flysheet and 300D oxford floor with PU coating (PU2000mm), high strength and 100% waterproof, good resistance to rain and snow
Best Tent Cots for Camping – Conclusion
Without any doubt, we have done away with any guesswork you may have faced when considering buy a tent cot.
These are the best tent cots for camping on the market today. A lot of factors point to that. Especially the reviews from other campers found online tell you that you are in for the best.
Though some are more expensive than others, the fact remains that all here have the tendency of lasting very long.
Also, the safety design and comfort structure reveal that users must have enough relaxation with any on the list.
Finally, we hope we have helped you shape your buying decision.