A good car camping stove does not need to be complex to be great. It must be portable, lightweight, ease to use, above all, can cook, boil and grill very fast.
We have selected the best car camping stoves available on the market based on the features listed above. If you are planning to go on a car camping with your family or you alone, below is the list of stoves you can make a choice from.
Best Car Camping Stove – Details
1. STANSPORT OUTFITTER SERIES PROPANE CAMP STOVE
One thing that sets the Stansport Car Camping Series Propane Camp Stove apart is the high cooking power. It has a combined cooking power of 60,000 BTU, two large burners of 25,000 BTU each, and one small burner of 10,000 BTU. You can fry, grill, and steam at the same time.
This camping stove is made up of an oversized steel frame, extra heavy duty cooking grate, and stainless steel drip pan. All of this makes it very durable and easy to clean. Also, the attached windscreens make for faster and easier cooking no matter the weather condition or your location.
Another interesting feature that makes this the best car camping stove is the piezo electronic ignition. This means you will not need to carry matches along or end up eating cold food. Just switch it on and the flame is up and you can cook and enjoy your meal!
Also, it features a high-pressure regulator for even heating and fast cooking. This is connected to a standard disposable portable propane canister with the included adapter. The latches should be covered securely during travel.
Before deciding to buy this product, consider carefully it’s pros and cons as listed below:
- Two powerful oversize burners that pump out 25,000 BTU and a smaller 10,000 BTU burner at the center.
- Piezo electronic ignition.
- Oversized steel frame.
- High altitude pressure regulator and temperature control nob.
- Stainless steel drip pan for easy cleanup.
- The regulator may be defective, usually a manufacturing problem but can be fixed easily.
- The feet may not be level so try on multiple positions or use builders to balance them.
- The middle burner may be sliding and not level, this could be due to a loose screw that needs to be tightened.
2. Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Stove
This camp stove has a total output of 40,000 BTU making it very powerful and your cooking faster. With the separate burner control, you can boil your noddles and slowly warm your sauce at the same time. These 20,000 BTU powerful burners can fight windy conditions, with the help of 3-sided wind barriers.
Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Stove comes with a stainless steel drip pan which makes it easy to clean. Being lightweight and compact, with a convenient carry handle makes it easy to take with you to camp. You definitely would not want a camping stove that will require the whole family to carry to the car!
A matchless piezo igniter fires up the stove quickly and easily with just a push of the button. This saves you from the disappointment of a wet match or the worry of burning your hand. The Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Stove is also emergency preparedness recommended.
Moreover, the nickel-coated steel grate is strong and can hold your pots, griddles, and skillets. This contributes to its durability, especially with good maintenance practice. The product has a limited one- year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Below are the pros and cons of the Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner stove:
- Two 20,000 BTU burners cook fast and withstand windy conditions.
- Three-sided wind barrier.
- Matchless ignition ensures a quick light up.
- it is emergency preparedness recommended.
- Folds down to a compact size with a convenient carry handle.
- Plastic lid latches may break if handled carelessly or opened aggressively.
- The handle may not be comfortable but you can fold the metal edge to make it comfortable.
- Inconsistent pressure leading to burners being too hot, this could be due to leakage or valve problem.
3. Coleman Triton 2 Burner Propane Camping Stove
Coleman Triton 2 burner propane stove is the best car camping stove taking camp cooking to the next level. Two independently adjustable burners once lighted up burns with a total of 22,000 BTU making cooking faster. It employs perfectheat technology for more efficient cooking with less fuel.
The stove has wind block panels, which helps to shield burners from wind and can be adjusted for various pan sizes. And the perfectflow technology provides consistent performance even in extreme conditions. You will not need to stop your cooking due to bad weather. You can cook at a low or high or in-between flame.
Additionally, this camping stove is large enough for one 12 and one 10 inches pans plus room to stow the griddle. This makes it suitable for cooking for a large number of persons. The chrome-plated grate can be removed for simple and quick cleanup, and the heavy-duty latch secures the lid.
Here are the pros and cons of the Coleman Triton camping stove:
- Wind block panels help to protect burners from wind.
- Burners are independently adjustable.
- PerfectHeat technology for more efficient cooking with less fuel.
- PerfectFlow technology provides consistent performance no matter the weather condition.
- Over 22,000 BTUs of cooking power.
- No igniter, this means you must have a lighter or matches to use it.
- Burners not responding to heat adjustment dial thereby burning too hot, this may be due to a faulty valve that requires wiping.
- The regulator may be defective and not seat correctly with the stove, but this can be repaired.
WARNING: This product contains lead and other chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer. Wash your hands after touching this product and do not put your hands in your mouth immediately after handling.
4. Coleman Even Temp Propane Stove
This is a 3-burner portable propane camp stove that fits two 12 inch pans or three 8 inch pans. You can cook a variety of meals at the same time. The 3 burners can be adjusted to radiate heat evenly across the stove for consistent performance.
Also, the Coleman Even Temp propane camp stove is designed with non-skid feet. They provide stability so you can easily stir pots and pans without fear of pouring out their contents. Setting up a car camp kitchen can be frustrating with stove feet that skid.
The Coleman Even Temp propane stove has pressure control and fuel efficiency technologies that ensure consistent performance outdoors. This means you can expect a steady heat even in cold weather or high altitudes. This is also the case even when the fuel is low.
Another highlight of this product that makes it the best car camping stove is the matchless ignition technology. It uses an electric spark to light up the burners with the push of a button. In other words, you do not need to pack matches or carry a lighter.
Consider below the pros and cons of this product to help you make your purchase decision:
- Even temp burners, which eliminates hot spots.
- Inststart matchless ignition.
- Non-skid feet provide stability when stirring.
- Perfectflow technology keeps the heat steady in extreme conditions.
- Side panels shield burners from wind and fold down for use as side tables on calmer days.
- The plastic button used for the lid may be faulty, but it is not what you cannot fix.
- The regulator may not adjust well for low heat, however, this is not always the case.
- The grate has thin chrome plating making it prone to rust, so always clean after use.
5. Volcano Grills 3-Fuel Portable Camping Stove
The Volcano Grills 3-Fuel portable stove is the best camping stove in the market today in terms of versatility. It combines a great variety of cooking options – grill, Dutch oven, wok, bake, roast, fry, fire pit. And the tri-fuel capability adds to its popularity. It can be used with wood, charcoal, and propane – connects to adapters for portable bottles sold separately.
If you are looking for a very portable car camping stove, then you have nothing to worry about. The Volcano collapses down to 5 inches and is easily carried in the included storage bag. The set-up time is in seconds and is also easy to clean.
Another good thing about the Volcano camping stove is that it is safe and efficient. It efficiently uses wood and charcoal to pump out 19,500 BTU through the burner. The heat released from the bottom is not much, so it can be used on a wooden base.
One owner in online research said: “Using this stove as a prepper, with a Dutch oven makes a lot of sense.” According to the user, it fulfills the 3 requirements every prepper should be looking for: (1) minimal fuel use; (2) minimal cooking smell; and (3) easy concealment.
To help you make an informed decision, consider the pros and cons of the Volcano Grills 3-fuel portable camping stove:
- It is versatile; grill, Dutch oven, wok, bake, roast, fry, fire pit.
- Useful for emergency preparedness.
- Safe and efficient, with burner power up to 19,500.
- Tri-fuel – wood, charcoal, and propane
- When using propane, it radiates heat unevenly and is very hot so use a stronger diffuser plate.
- It is prone to rust as it is made of iron, so keep away from moisture or you can oil it.
6. Jetboil Minimo Camping Stove
The Jetboil MiniMo camping stove is simply precision cooking made easy. It features a reliable push-button and is regulated for consistent performance down to minus six degrees Celsius. Also, the 1-liter cooking cup features an insulated cozy and metal handle for easy cooking and eating.
This very portable and efficient car camping stove is powered by FluxRing technology. In sunlight, it reaches a rolling boil in just two minutes with half the fuel consumption of other stoves. The FluxRing cooking pot is optimized for a low spoon angle thereby making the MiniMo perfect for personal use.
As the best car camping stove, it is unbeatable in simmer control. It allows for four full turns of the spindle for incremental adjustment of fuel flow with consistent heat output. This gives you from a light simmer to a rolling boil.
The Jetboil MiniMo’s capabilities can be expanded by adding a pot support, 1.5-liter FluxRing pot, and a Summit Skillet. These are sold separately and are needed when cooking for a group of campers. Interestingly this expansion does not sacrifice the efficiency of the Jetboil MiniMo camping stove.
The following are the pros and cons of the Jetboil MiniMo camping stove:
- The 1-liter FluxRing cooking cup features an insulated cozy for fast cooking.
- The metal handle makes for easier cooking and eating experience.
- It features an unbeatable simmer control and push-button igniter.
- It is regulated for consistent performance down to 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-6 degrees Celsius).
- The bottom cover doubles as a measuring cup and bowl.
- The igniter system can easily malfunction, so be careful with the wire at the base of the burner.
- It can only serve one or two persons except you repeat cooking to serve more persons.
7. Coleman Fold N GO Propane Stove
This camping stove is an Amazon’s choice for Coleman propane camp stove. It is a portable 2-burner propane stove ideal for your car camping kitchen. The folding design and built-in handle are for easier carriage, storage, and extra-portability.
The full-size cooking surface of the stove easily fits two 10-inch pans, at the same time. With this, you can prepare different dishes or cook for a group of campers. Why not consider getting this stove for your next family camping?
Another interesting highlight of the Fold N Go stove is the pressure-control technology. With this technology, it delivers consistent heat in all outdoor conditions. Add to this is the matchless ignition which requires just the push of a button, no match, or lighter needed.
It produces up to 20,000 BTUs of heat across the two independent burners, giving you enough cooking power. Perfectheat technology ensures efficient fuel usage that allows this stove to run over an hour on one 16-4 oz. cylinder. And for durability, it is outfitted with an aluminized steel cooktop that resists rusting.
Below are the pros and cons of the Coleman Fold N Go propane stove:
- It folds up compactly for easy storage and transportation.
- The aluminized cooktop makes it durable and rust-resistant.
- The two adjustable 10,000 BTU burners fit two 10-in. pans at the same time
- Last more than one hour with both burners on high on one 16-oz. propane cylinder (sold separately)
- It comes with durable, chrome-plated grates that are removable for easy cleaning.
- It has built-in handles for easier carrying and extra portability.
- It has no wind guards, so devise one or buy spatter guards from Amazon.
- The flame control knobs may not function for low heat so remove your wind guards when simmering.
Best Car Camping Stove -Conclusion
Obviously, before you is the list of best car camping stoves from which you can make a final choice. They all have great user experience, which is why they are all highly rated by verified customers.